The future of commuting is loading...
2. Personal information collected and use of this information
- ParkAmigo U.S LLC and ParkAmigo Ltd, trading as ParkAmigo ("we" or "us") take the privacy of
your information very seriously. This policy explains how and for what purposes we use the
information collected about you via our website and apps (referred to below as "the
to be bound by this policy in respect of the information collected about you via this Site.
- If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch and we will do our best to
answer your questions.
3. Other Sites
Core Account Data - although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not
then you cannot register as a member of the Service, make a booking for a parking space at a
private driveway or with our parking space operators, order ahead at your local café,
restaurant, fashion retailer, or grocery store, access nearby fuel stations, calculate your
toll cost during a journey, or request an eco-friendly car wash. We will collect the
- Name - we need to store this to identify you in the provision of our service. It
will be shared with parking space operators, merchant partners you place an order
with, as well as users on our platform which you send messages to.
- Email - we’ll send emails to you about your bookings and the ParkAmigo service. We
won’t share your email with third parties (including parking space operators and
- Photo - if you upload a photo, we provide it to parking space operators so they can
identify you and we use it to personalise any reviews you leave about parking
- Number plate (VRM) - we store this for enforcement purposes. We share this with
third party enforcement companies along with parking session dates and times, and
sometimes your name, subject to terms outlined in separate Data Sharing Agreements
held between ParkAmigo and these third party companies outlining each company’s
obligations relating to the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- IP Address - this is used by us and some of our third-party providers to identify
your device in the provision of our service. It is also used for fraud checks and to
ensure a secure product.
- Payment method - payment method details you provide (including name, email address
and sometimes address) are sent directly to PCI-compliant third party payment
providers. They are not stored on ParkAmigo servers and ParkAmigo employees do not
have access to these details.
- Booking history - we store a history of where and when you’ve booked parking to make
repeat use faster and easier for you, and in interest of your and our accounting
- Phone number - we store this so drivers can contact parking space operators and
vice versa. Phone numbers are only shared when you’ve made payment for a booking. We
also use it to make repeat use of our service faster. We may contact you via phone
should there be any issues with your bookings or account.
- Reviews - if you choose to leave a review for a parking location, this will be
shown to other drivers considering booking the space (only showing your first name
and the initial of your last name).
- Non-ParkAmigo spaces navigated to - we log which of these you launch navigation to
in order to make repeat use faster and easier for you, and to improve our parking
availability engine - which helps us show you and other drivers when we think spaces
will be available to park in.
- Location data - if you choose to enable location services, we will occasionally
store your location services data to improve our parking availability engine - which
helps us show you and other drivers when we think spaces will be available to park
in. You can stop this data from being stored by turning off your location services.
- Messages - messages you send to other ParkAmigo users about a booking are visible
only to that user and to ParkAmigo staff
- Third party CRM tools - we send the following data to GDPR compliant Customer
Relationship Management tools so that we can communicate with you: name, email,
phone number and your customer support messages.
- Administering your booking - ParkAmigo customer support workers may view the above
data (aside from sensitive payment method details) when administering your booking.
- Parking Space Listing Data - to list your parking space with us we will collect the
- Parking space address - we use this to show drivers where your space is. We only
reveal the full address to them after they've paid to park in it so that they can
navigate there. Before that the driver can only see the street name and a map pin
showing the location of your space.
- Space description - this is a public-facing description you provide when adding
your space which helps drivers decide if a space is suitable.
- Photos of your space - these public-facing photos help drivers decide if a space is
suitable and help them access it on arrival.
- Facilities - these are public-facing space attributes, which you can optionally
provide to help drivers decide if a space is suitable for them.
- Access instructions - if you provide these when adding your space, they are used to
help drivers access your space. They are not shown to the driver until they have
paid to park in your space. Once the parking session has finished, they are hidden
from the driver.
- PIN code for accessing space - if you provide a pin code (e.g. for a gate) it is
given to drivers to help them access your space. It is not shown to the driver until
they have paid to park in your space. Once the parking session has finished, it is
hidden from the driver.
- Administering your space - ParkAmigo customer support workers may view the above
data when administering your space.
- Other use of this information
- We may notify you of certain offers and new products, subject to you giving your
consent to do so. You can opt-out of this use at any time by updating your
preferences on our website.
- We may use this information in order to:
- make general improvements to our Service;
- analyse how customers are making use of the Service;
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of
some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business
restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring
that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- For users domiciled in the U.K and U.S, we may use third party suppliers to provide
part of our service to you. In some circumstances these providers may be based in
countries outside the European Economic Area whose laws provide for a different
standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under UK
Law. In such circumstances we will have in place strict contractual arrangements
that will require your information is processed securely, at least to a standard
equivalent to the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information
without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if
required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or
- Right to erasure (also known as ‘right to be forgotten’)
- You have to erasure of your data from our systems. This can be done by selecting
Delete Account under My Profile on the ParkAmigo mobile application.
- Data retention
After consenting to us using your data as described in this policy, we will retain
it on our system for as long as we deem to be a period within which you may return
to use your account. This varies from individual to individual depending on account
activity. After that period we will close your account and delete your data in line
with this policy.
- You can remove your personal data from ParkAmigo at any time by deleting your
account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as
long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud
detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax,
legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
4. Transferring your information outside of Europe for UK users
- We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
5. Further questions
- If you use the Site while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
- If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com